Wednesday, December 3, 2014

and now, an ode to sweet baby nimbus

baby monster. 
your quirks: shutting my computer when you wanted my attention. biting my toes while i was in the bathroom. waiting for me by the shower. following me around the apartment. greeting me at the door, running outside and rolling on the tiles. your perch by the door. sharing cheese. watching the cars park outside. making your bed each night. waking me up each morning. burrowing under the covers and not knowing whether you were going to cuddle or bite me toes. catching your tail on fire. getting stuck in boxes. playing fetch. smothering me. chasing me out the door. hearing you meow from outside. your strange sleeping habits. loving christmas music. your pupils getting so big when you were about to pounce. your little almond eyes. your little eyebrows. thanks for being the best company, the best roommate, the best friend. 



















you were my joy. you are my joy. i remember you fondly, sweet thang.
i thank God every day for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment