Tuesday, October 1, 2013

기타

Now for some random pictures that don't have a home. This first picture is of some of my fifth graders. We were playing a spelling game with household items and rooms of a house. The group that spelled it first (correctly) wins! Of course, I chose a word that didn't work out so they had to get creative and use their hands for a 'c' (I'm helping them think outside of the box and not just memorize, obviously). 




This is one of my fourth graders! The English festival is coming up and they're doing a play about some of the animals in the jungle and she's a kangaroo (I am aware that neither kangaroos nor polar bears are found in the jungle). Not only is this her costume, it doubles as her pajamas. She's pretty cool.





On the roof of my friend's building, there's a garden! Complete with greenhouses, tomatoes, rosemary, and persimmon. It's beautiful and the tomato I tasted was DELICIOUS (I had permission from the gardener himself). They've had to re-build many times because the typhoons take out the greenhouses, he's hoping that these smaller greenhouses are more stable and will live out the storms. 







Little Fievel sleeping. I haven't been able to get a picture that shows just how small he is, but he's a nugget. A biting nugget, but he does have sweet moments. We're working on it. 




This is the coffee wagon outside the university. This is where I get my cheap, but good, coffee. This time I tried it with tapioca bubbles in it! So good. This beetle decided to join us and I had to take a picture of it because of my Invertebrate Zoology roots and insect-collecting days. Seriously though, I've seen 20+ praying mantis' while I've been here and keep reaching for my net! 





No comments:

Post a Comment