Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The beacons are lit

This morning: the beacons were lit and answered.


There is nothing more inspirational to watch before the first real day of teaching. Not only because of the music is grand or because it's LOTR, but because Gondor calls for aid. They asked for help. It is a humbling experience to have to ask someone to be your guide and helper in a foreign land. This is something I have found to be very true the last week. You may feel like a burden, you may feel like an inconvenience, but you just may need to ask for it. While I consider myself to be fairly self-sufficient and capable while at home in the States, the same is not true here; try getting your washing machine repaired, or catching the bus, train, or subway to Seoul, or opening a bank account. It is so humbling to have to admit that I can't and even more so to have to ask for the help that I need. 

This adventure: me flying by the seat of my pants, improvising, and being spontaneous. All things I previously thought I was good at, but now can say I'm better at. Soon I will post cute stalker-like photos of the elementary  children. 

Cheers.

(And if you have or know of more inspirational clips, by all means share them because there will probably come a day when I am in dire need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment