Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meet: Korean children are the bees knees and Beer Heaven

I kid you not. I'm literally obsessed with the cuteness of these children (Shout out to Anne: I'm turning into you). They wear these precious little round glasses that make them look like mini turtles. One of these days I'll post a picture of one of said cute babies. Haven't worked up the awkward courage yet...

But SPEAKING OF precious, cute, darling children: I was a judge in a pre-English festival competition "thing" a couple days after school this week. Yesterday, the third graders performed. And let me tell you, the cute third graders just became my favorite graders. Watch and see: 



But wait.. it gets better. Look at these instruments! What skill! What finesse! What cuteness! 



I died a little inside. Not to mention that I was caught singing along in the back of the room. They know the way to my heart. I'd like to think they were serenading me with their words and cuteness. Yup, that's what I still think. 
It's been a busy week at school. And teaching is so tiring. Next time, pat an educator on the back. They'll think it's creepy - but if it were me, it would make me feel necessary and worthwhile. I am educating children of the future! Some day, what I teach them they will use to change the world! (This is what I hope: I'm creating mini, English-speaking superheroes destined for greatness and cuteness). 

And then, tonight, I found heaven. Well, I knew where it was, I just hadn't made it there yet. Welcome to HomePlus, foreign beer capital of Asan territory. Quality beer - two words I didn't think I would use together for a verrrrrrrrrrry long time. 


So tonight: I'm drinking Dark BrouCzech bottled and brewed by Nova Paka Brewery in Nova Paka, Czech Republic (since 1872) (Hello, I'm being beer-cultured). I'm listening to One Direction on repeat (don't judge me.. yet). I'm blogging about cute kids and beer (duh, cuteness). I'm journaling (say what?). I'm reading 1984 (but really, say what). And I'm eating cheese. 

I am so content tonight. 

How many times did I say "cute" or a variation of in this post? Too many (or 9 times too many) and that doesn't even count the synonyms. Good night! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment