Sunday, August 18, 2013

South Korea: just around the corner


Pictured above is South Korea, my soon-to-be home for the next year or so. 
The red region is my future nook. Prayer will be greatly appreciated over the coming months as I venture across a lot of water to teach little kiddos the "beauty" of the English language. While I'm uprooted from everything I find familiar and love, I'm excited to explore this corner of the world I haven't been to yet and this blog is so that you, readers, can live vicariously through my adventures and wanderings! 

A few facts about South Korea you might not know, but definitely should: 
1. It is the size of Indiana
2. It has a population greater than Canada (what!)
3. Population: 48,294,000
4. The largest island, Jeju, has the highest mountain in South Korea at 1,950 meters
5.  Snuppy, the world’s first cloned dog, was created in South Korea at the Seoul National University
6. Tipping is not a requirement in South Korea. You may find yourself being chased by a waiter.
7. Most homes have heated floors!
8. Fruit is a luxury item. 


More to come, once I stumble upon them.
Official departure date is August 25th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment