Tuesday, July 21, 2015

goodbyes are hard

today was my last day of classes with my gregarious third graders. we danced and played games and at the end, i told them it was our last class and they got sad and asked if the next teacher would play games and be as fun as i was (i was flattered, of course). we took pictures together, and they got out their phones for selfies, and i gave them my email (still waiting for the first), and they asked if they could fit in my suitcase, and i made them promise to visit me in america. 






they wished me well in korean, told me to keep my health and be happy. i told them to travel and to explore. it was one giant group hug. (and when i saw them at lunch, they asked me why i was still in korea). even though we had ups and downs, they were some of the most joyful learners and creative adventurers. 

it's the beginning of missing them and their cute little faces. 

1 comment:

  1. Goodbyes are hard at any age you may be. But no matter how hard it may be, we can't stay with our loved ones forever.
    Check www.mobilizeandshare.com

    ReplyDelete