Thursday, December 26, 2013

December was magical

December was actually, actually magical. 
Between restful Sundays, hot chocolate, snow fall, snowflake making, plane rides, and ice skating, December was indeed full. 

Two of my favorite times happened within the last week, so that shows you how short my memory is and how full December was. 

Last Sunday, Air Force friend J took us up in a little Cesna. It was such an awesome experience seeing Korea from above. I was also surprised with a little zero gravity action when phones started floating backwards. Seriously, everyone should do it once and I should totally be an astronaut. The landscape was stunningly snowy even though I couldn't feel my toes.

My second favorite time was on Christmas Eve, Tuesday, when we went ice skating in Seoul in front of City Hall. It was joyful and cheerful and Christmassy and just what I needed for this lonely holiday. To be with a group of uprooted foreigners in a snowy wonderland with a big Christmas tree was perfect. As good as it could have gotten (although I would've given just about anything to be home with family). 





















Friends and family, I missed you all a lot this week but am so looking forward to seeing you all soon!
As I procrastinate from packing, Nim keeps attacking my feet, fingers, arms, legs, ears, and occasionally my nose. I'll still miss him and his kookiness, he has kept great company over the last few months (if a little abusive). Luckily, he'll be in the hands of two trustworthy friends to keep him entertained while I'm gone (hopefully he won't get too fat). 

Tomorrow morning, I leave from Cheonan on the 5:30am bus to the airport. From Gimpo, I fly to Beijing, and from Beijing, I fly to Chicago. I am so excited to be home for a bit and to soak up all the love and warmth of my humans. Also, I master the art of time travel this weekend as I fly out Saturday at 9:20am and arrive in Chicago at noon. Thanks Hermione, for the time turner. 

BE HOME SO SOON.  


No comments:

Post a Comment